Sunday, February 8, 2009

If | 2.8.09

Tessa said :
"You know, there is only a fine line between genius and insanity"
and it wasn't the first time I'd heard that.
Not that I am a genius or anything (nor do I try to be) but 
for those geniuses out there, 
one could interpret that many ways

Meanwhile
I am rotting away
I feel like a flightless bird
knowing my potential and seeing what my peers can do
yet feeling so uninspired that I just don't even try to get my feet off the ground
"what a waste of talent"

"Hurting someone is an act of reluctant intimacy"

Today was the most one of the beautiful days of the new year.

Sometimes I wish I was a snake so I could stick out my tongue and taste the air

taste the joy,

taste the relief,

taste the life within it

feeling the wind gust whipping against my skin

and the faint sounds of children skipping in praise of the day

it is at times like these...I am okay

it feels good to feel alive every once in a while

No comments:

Post a Comment